Hidden water damage
Water leaks can cause a lot of damage to your home if not repaired in a timely manner however you can't always see it. SERVPRO of Novi/Commerce South and Bloomfield has listed several ways to find hidden leaks in your home below.
- Water meter test- Turn off all the faucets in your home and check the water meter. If the meter is still running, you have a water leak
- Water pressure test- Turn off all the faucets and measure the water pressure. Low pressure can indicate a water leak
- Listen for running water- Water leaks can sometimes be heard through walls or floors
- Check your appliance for leaks- Be sure to disconnect them from the outlet before checking
- Check toilets for leaks- Drop a little food coloring into the tank overnight and check your toilet in the morning to see if there is color in the bowl
- Check your utility bills- Sudden or increases in usage can help determine a water leak is present